- Flexibility - work/life balance
- 5 weeks leave!!
- Salary packaging
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. We specialise in the provision of high-quality person-centric programs to support thousands of people every year.
We believe that people are better off in work. Employment provides individuals with social participation, economic empowerment & purpose. Working with us, you will be supporting our customers to achieve their goals and help to change their lives!
About the role
As a Psychosocial Recovery Coach, you will work collaboratively with NDIS participants, acknowledging that each person is an expert in their own life. Coaches work with the person to develop goals, hopes and aspirations while also working in partnership with the participant’s clinical mental health services and sharing their own lived experience to inform the service provided.
- Support and coach customers to identify and achieve their goals, hopes and aspirations
- Actively encourage and engage customers to build their independence
- Collaborate with other systems of support
- Maintain accurate, relevant and factual notes and other documentation
- Report on customer progress, goals, fund utilisation, linkages to services and changes in needs or circumstances
- Managing individual a case load and perform the tasks autonomously
You are a passionate, results-driven person focused on coaching and supporting customers to overcome their barriers. With knowledge of the recovery model, you will have a strong ability to empower people to achieve their goals and work collaboratively with customers, families, carers and other supports to provide an outstanding customer experience.
You will also be able to clearly articulate and demonstrate your:
- Ability to create & manage meaningful relationships with customers & supports
- Impeccable organisational skills
- Resilience to overcome problems
- Be creative and think outside the box
- High level communication and report writing skills
- Networking & relationship management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of relevant local service providers
- Passionate about mental health and recovery
Qualifications and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in peer work or mental health (minimum of Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work or Certificate IV in Mental Health) or 2yrs relevant experience
- Lived experience of mental health or psychosocial disability
- Current working with children & Police check (essential)
- NDIS Worker Screen (essential)
- Drivers license (essential)
What's on offer
- 5 weeks leave
- Flexible work arrangements
- A supportive leadership structure & team
- Laptop & phone provided
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now.
For more information about breakthru visit our website www.breakthru.org.au
Please note: A current NDIS Worker Screen, criminal record check and working with children check will be essential to commence in this role.