UPDATE #4 – Temporary Closure in Fortitude Valley (29th March 2021)
In response to the Queensland Health announcement of a 3-day lockdown in the Greater Brisbane area, our Fortitude Valley office will be closed, reopening on Tuesday the 6th April 2021 at 8:30am.
Throughout this time our staff will still be available. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your breakthru staff member or call 1800 767 212.
UPDATE #3 – breakthru COVID Safe Plan (28th August 2020)
As part of our ongoing commitment to health and safety, breakthru has created a personalised COVID Safe Plan and lodged the document with the relevant Government departments in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland.
This plan highlights our approach to mitigating the introduction and spread of COVID-19 through guidance on hygiene, cleaning, physical distancing, workplace attendance, record keeping and response scenarios.
If you want to know how we’re responding to COVID-19 please read our COVID Safe Plan or call 1800 767 212 for more information.
UPDATE #2 – Victoria locations closed until further notice (9th July 2020)
Due to the COVID-19 situation in Victoria we have made the decision to temporarily close our offices in Glenroy, Craigieburn, Melton and St Albans. We are still offering remote telehealth services, so if you’re in Victoria and need some support please reach out so we can assist.
UPDATE #1 – Service changes (17th June 2020)
As restrictions across the country begin to ease and with services slowly recommencing, we wanted to provide an update to our customers, our employees, their families and members of the community.
Firstly, we wanted to say thank you to everyone for your patience and understanding during the past three months of COVID-19 restrictions. The ongoing health and safety of customers, employees and community members during this pandemic is our top priority.
With that in mind, we wanted to give you an update on what we are doing to continue to keep everyone safe.
How services are changing
With the government restrictions easing, breakthru will start delivering group services from 22nd June in line with the current government guidelines.
We will ensure that as services return, the number of people that can gather together will stay within the 1 person per 4 metre square rule and that people will maintain the 1.5 metre social distance from each other where practicable.
When customers and employees return to sites we will:
- Pre-screen all customers and employees to ensure that they are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19;
- Complete daily checklists to monitor conditions including a register of people on-site (with contact details to allow for contact tracing);
- Continuously monitor restrictions and respond appropriately.
We will also conduct regular site audits to make sure our sites are COVID safe. This includes:
- A focus on hand washing/sanitising stations; social distancing, increased cleaning and minimising numbers to allow for 4sqm per person;
- Increased signage to remind people to wipe/disinfect surfaces, maintain social distance, hand hygiene;
- Providing additional cleaning supplies to be used by customers and employees prior and after use of areas including benches/tables.
- Positioning furniture to maintain social distancing;
Our COVID-19 Response Team continues to meet regularly to monitor developments and adjust advice as needed.
We want to thank you once again for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
If you have any questions about our services and the precautions we are putting in place, please reach out to your breakthru staff member. Alternatively, feel free to leave us a message or call us on 1800 767 212.
Having grown up with his younger sister Katey (who was born with Down Syndrome), Josh has witnessed first hand the barriers and misconceptions placed around people with a disability. As part of the breakthru team, Josh hopes to assist people just like Katey find the information or supports they need to live their best life.
Latest posts by Joshua (see all)
- Collaborating at the Hornsby Employment Open Day - March 30, 2021
- breakthru Response to Violence and Abuse Issues Paper - February 25, 2021
- Malcolm’s Story – Holy Cross Laundry - November 23, 2020