Customer Service Charter
Customer Service Charter
This Customer Service Charter outlines your rights and responsibilities, how you will be treated and what you can expect from us. It also sets out your responsibilities and how you can give us feedback on any aspect of our service.
breakthru is a for purpose enterprise which has worked with thousands of Australians over the past 25 years to access the services they need to live their best life. We provide a range of supports to bring your choices to life across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. These supports include support coordination, employment supports, mental health/wellbeing, disability and training.
You can find information about our services on our website (breakthru.org.au) or by asking one of our staff.
Our commitment to you
breakthru is committed to providing the highest quality supports and services that we can. We will work with you to ensure that you get the supports that are available and help you to live the best possible life in line with your goals.
What you can expect from us
When you are in contact with our organisation, we will:
- Treat you with courtesy and respect at all times.
- Treat you fairly and without discrimination.
- Inform you of and uphold your rights and responsibilities.
- Protect your personal information and only use it for the right reasons.
- Involve you in decisions about the supports you access and support you to have your say.
- Support you to connect with other services if needed.
- Tell you how to provide us with feedback on our service and how to make a complaint.
- Communicate openly, honestly and in a timely manner.
How you can help us
You can help us to provide a quality service if you or your support person:
- Provide us with the necessary information about yourself and your situation to best support you.
- Tell us if things change or you cannot keep an appointment or commitment.
- Act respectfully and safely towards other people using the service, and towards staff and volunteers.
- Provide us with feedback about our service and how we can work better.
How you can provide feedback
We value your feedback on a positive experience you have had with us or how we can improve our services.
We also want to know if you are not happy with the support you have received, or believe you have not been treated fairly and reasonably by us or by someone delivering services on our behalf.
You can give us this feedback by:
- Talking directly to a staff member or volunteer with whom you feel most comfortable.
- Ask to speak to a more senior staff member.
- Contact our head office on phone: 1800 767 212.
- Write to: breakthru Feedback, 2 Palmer Street, Parramatta, NSW, 2150.
How we manage complaints
We want to resolve complaints openly, honestly and quickly.
We will acknowledge your complaint and respond within 10 working days.
If you are not satisfied with our resolution of your complaint, you may contact an independent body such as:
Complaints Resolution & Referral Service (DES Customers)
Ph: 1800 880 052 or www.jobaccess.gov.au
National Disability Insurance Scheme
Ph: 1800 800 110 or www.ndis.gov.au
Dept. of Communities, Child Safety & Disabilities Service
Ph: 1800 080 464 or www.communities.qld.gov.au
New South Wales:
Ph: (02) 9286 1000 or 1800 451 254 or www.ombo.nsw.gov.au
Victorian Mental Health Complaints Commissioner
Ph: 1800 246 054 or www.mhcc.vic.gov.au
Victorian Disability Services Commissioner
Ph: 1800 677 342 or www.odsc.vic.gov.au
This Customer Service Charter was last updated 18 October 2017.