Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW vocational education and training system. It’s helping people get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
breakthru Approved Qualifications for Smart and Skilled
|National Code||Qualification Name|
|BSB20115||Certificate II in Business|
|HLT33015||Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance|
|CHC33015||Certificate III in Individual Support|
|CHC43015||Certificate IV in Ageing Support|
|HLT43015||Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance|
|CHC43115||Certificate IV in Disability|
Eligibility for Smart and Skilled
You may be eligible if you are:
- 15 years old or over, and
- no longer at school, and
- living or working in NSW (or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person living in specific NSW border areas, and
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen. or;
- a NSW apprentice or a new-entrant trainee undertaking a selected traineeship on the NSW Skills List
Previous qualifications do not affect your eligibility.
If you have a Certificate IV or higher qualification you are still able to access subsidised Smart and Skilled training up to Certificate III level, providing you meet the personal eligibility criteria for Smart and Skilled. As you already have a post-school qualification, you will pay a higher fee for your Smart and Skilled training than someone who does not have any qualifications.
Smart and Skilled NSW eligibility calculator:
Smart and Skilled – Expression of Interest
In order to provide you with a quote for student fees, we require you to complete the Expression of Interest form below, attaching all relevant evidences and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Smart and Skilled – Notification of Enrolment Process
On acceptance of the Eligibility Enquiry Report (Quote) by the prospective student, breakthru will complete the Notification of Enrolment process to obtain Commitment ID via the Smart and Skilled RTO portal. This is done to confirm enrolment for the prospective student in accordance with the following being met:
- Consent obtained from the prospective student via Expression of Interest form with declaration for NSW Department of Industry, Skills and Regional Development’s use of prospective student’s information.
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be created by student and provided to RTO or permission given to RTO to create USI on student’s behalf.
- Credit transfer or RPL information must be supplied and reviewed by breakthru (if applicable).
- Through the provider calculator, breakthru generates Notification of Enrolment – Student Copy and Notification of Enrolment – Provider copy. Start date of the course is confirmed.
- Notification of Enrolment – Student Copy is emailed to student and both Provider and Student copies are stored electronically by breakthru in the student’s records.
For more information, please contact breakthru on 1800 767 212