- 5 weeks leave annual leave for full time staff!
- Salary Packaging (up to $15,900 of your salary – tax free!!)
- Supportive team and learning culture
- Opportunity for work/life balance
- Great team environment
- Based in cairns
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. We specialise in the provision of high-quality person-centric programs to support thousands of people every year.
The Allied Health portfolio in breakthru is in a period of growth and development, and it is an exciting time to be part of a for purpose organisation that believes in providing high quality customer service, to customers with a disability.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a Speech and Language Pathologist to work with our clients in Cairns. Breakthru is committed to client driven and outcome focussed therapy services that enable participation in activities of everyday life, promoting health and wellbeing through occupation.
Breakthru is a large multi-disciplinary organisation that supports individuals over 7 years and under 65 in the community and clinic settings to promote and enable effective participation in the occupations of everyday life. Including activities of daily living, household and community functioning, education, leisure and play, social participation and employment.
Our Speech and Language Pathologist work in collaboration with occupational therapists, psychologists, behaviour support practitioners and counsellors, and our employments services to support our clients to break through barriers and participate fully in their local community. Outcomes are achieved by working with NDIS participants and their communities to enhance their ability to engage in their community by assessing and facilitating independence in the key areas of communication, literacy and mealtime.
You will be a passionate and energetic professional who enjoys working with a committed team of professionals and engaging with a diverse range of clients. You will be committed to delivering community based supports to a varied client base whilst focusing on achieving quality outcomes for our client.
We are dynamic organisation looking for an experienced professional who can demonstrate:
- Qualifications in Speech and Language Pathology and SPA membership
- Eagerness to learn and grow your clinical skills across the life span
- Experience or keen interest in adult language, mealtime management/dysphagia, childhood literacy and learning, voice, dysarthria, social communication and cognitive communication.
- Working with children's / criminal history checks (or ability to obtain one is essential!)
- Current drivers licence
- NDIS Worker Screen (or ability to obtain one is essential)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate (or willing to obtain before 27th November) or provide a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner
What's on offer
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
- Individualised clinical development plan
- Professional development program
- Internal and external Clinical supervision to support your development
- Financial bonus system for efficient and client driven service
- Genuine career opportunities
- Above award salary & entitlements
- Flexible work options
- Great team environment
Our recruitment process
We are open to applications from professionals with a range of experience, who enjoy the freedom of managing their own caseload/service delivery, as well as working within a multi-disciplinary team.
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on our customers with a disability or mental health condition. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination immunisation record or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process