Casual Support Worker / Social Educator
North West Melbourne Location
breakthru is a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. Through the provision of high quality person-centered programs, we enable thousands of people every year to address mental health, employment, disability, homelessness & training needs. Working with us, you will be supporting our customers to achieve their goals and aspirations.
About the role
As a Social Educator, you will provide support for people with a disability to live independently and maintain their best possible social and emotional wellbeing. You will support our customers to achieve their personal recovery goals and to live satisfying lives in our community. Our approach is simple, we focus on the customers choice of supports to achieve their individual goals for recovery and ensure they are delivered where the customer prefers. Being a customer centric role, you will work with a wide range of customers across Melbourne and be the forefront of our business.
Key responsibilities include
- Supporting our customers to achieve their goals
- Providing support & understanding of people with a disability
- Maintain & establish links to community
- Promoting independent decision makin
- Work within the principles of person centred practice
You will be a passionate and dedicated individual who is looking to make a difference in the community. As a people person, you pride yourself on exceptional customer service whilst ensuring customers achieve their goals and aspirations.
You will also be able to clearly articulate and demonstrate:
- Cert IV in Mental Health, Disability or related health field
- Ability to practically support our customer to achieve a variety of identified life skills
- Ability to work in a team & individually
- Driven, energetic & committed
- Strong communication skills
- Drivers License is essential
- Experience in psychosocial disability will be an advantage
We welcome applications from experienced individuals who may be looking to re-enter the workforce, move into a casual opportunity or take a step back from a more senior position to gain a work/life balance.
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive hourly rate, including shift penalties
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on our customers with a disability or mental health condition. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now.
Please note: the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a criminal record check, working with children check, employment history & referee checks.