- 12mth maternity contract
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity for work/life balance
- Enhance our customers quality of life and recovery goals
- Based in St Albans
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. Through the provision of high quality person-centered supports, we enable thousands of people every year to access the supports required for mental health, employment, disability & training needs.
About the role
As a Senior Support Worker – Mental Health, you will support our customers with a mental health issue to maintain the best possible social and emotional well being, meet their personal goals and live satisfying lives in the community.
In this role, you will facilitate the social and economic participation of customers in their community through the development of skills, education in collaboration with externa; mainstream supports. With the individual at the centre of their supports.
Key responsibilities include
- Providing support & understanding of mental health issues
- Assist people to access the NDIS, access the community and social needs.
- Lead, develop and implement Individual Support, Wellness and Recovery Plans using customer inclusive model
- Support customers to maintain & establish links to community, clinical support & relationships
- Maintain positive relationships with our partners and create new partnerships
- Supporting our customers to achieve their goals,
- Transporting customers to & from services & activities
- Promoting independent decision making
- Work within the principles of person-centred practice
You are a passionate and dedicated individual who is looking to make a difference in the community. As a people person, you pride yourself on exceptional customer service and have outstanding communication skills allowing you to build rapport with your customers while ensuring their goals and aspirations are met.
You will also be able to clearly articulate and demonstrate:
- Relevant qualifications in Mental Health or Allied Health Fields (min Certificate IV)
- Experience meeting KPI’s
- Ability to work in a team & individually
- Experience working with customers with complex support needs
- Ability to work in diverse and challenging situations, while maintaining person centred care
- Driven, energetic & committed
- Strong written & verbal communication skills using technology.
- Current driver's licence (essential)
- Working with children check (essential)
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive hourly rate
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
Our recruitment process
If you are interested in joining the team at breakthru, APPLY now or for more information visit our website www.breakthru.org.au
Please note: A current criminal record check and working with children check will be essential to commence in this role.