- Flexible work arrangements – work/life balance
- 4 weeks annual leave + additional weeks leave!!
- Salary packaging (up to $15,900 non taxed!)
- Below market level KPI requirements
- Travel only within billable range
- Funded external supervisions
- Internal Supervision
- Buddy allocation for operational support
- Supportive team and learning culture
- Position can be based out of VIC
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. We specialise in the provision of high-quality person-centric programs to support thousands of people every year.
The Allied Health portfolio in breakthru is in a period of growth and development, and it is an exciting time to be part of a for purpose organisation that believes in providing ethical and high quality customer service, to customers with a disability, while respecting and supporting its valued Allied Health team member.
About the opportunity
In this position, you will provide a high level quality service provision to our customers with behaviours of concern as well as their family and support network. You will also have the option to have diversity in your role by assuming a leadership role or a SSC/Counselling component to your caseload. If you are looking for a leadership role as well as a clinical role, you will also have an opportunity to assume a role in our clinical leadership team to support BSP clinicians in the area of behaviour support therapy and a PBS framework. This Clinical Lead position will lead our internal learning and development framework for all staff and provide clinical supervision of all behaviour support therapists within breakthru. Working with the Allied Health Manager, you will ensure clinical excellence and quality for breakthru in the area of behaviour support practice.
You will be a passionate and energetic professional with experience in delivering a Behaviour Support Practitioner service and potentially have led and mentored a small team, while engaging with our customers. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to collaborate with a range of stakeholders internally and externally. In the Clinical lead role, you will lead the behaviour support service to ensure all breakthru customers with complex behaviour support requirements are provided the support & skills they need manage their behaviours and achieve their goals.
We are looking for an experienced professional who has the below experience:
- Lead, mentor and develop a small team of Behaviour Support Practitioners
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver tailored services that are individualised, person centered & strength based for all customers
- Lead a customer centric model to develop, implement and review Behaviour Support, plans and behaviour management strategies
- Conduct relevant therapeutic, functional assessment and data gathering with customers
- Develop behaviour support plans
- Demonstrated strong customer service ethos and commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Record accurate and timely notes & billing relating to activities
- Contribute to the vision and strategic planning at breakthru
- Tertiary Allied Health Qualification - Psychology (Counsellor or OT)
- Current peak body registration- AHPRA, ACA
- Additional training in behaviour support therapy – preferably at a post graduate level
- Experience in developing and training in PBSPs
- Problem solving & negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the clinical framework of applied behaviour analysis
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Working with children's / criminal history checks
- NDIS Worker Screening clearance
- Current drivers license
What's on offer
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
- Genuine career opportunities
- Above award salary & entitlements
- Below Market level KPI requirements
- Flexible work options
- Great team environment – Buddy allocation
- External supervisions and Internal Supervision
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop and support a growing service model in a flexible work environment. We are building a professional career pathway and developmental pathways for all our staff based on their needs.