- Flexible work arrangements – work/life balance
- 4 weeks annual leave + additional weeks leave!!
- Competitive salary packaging & fringe benefit options
- Laptop & mobile phone package
- Supportive team and learning culture
- Newly created role – make the role your own!
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. We specialise in the provision of high-quality person-centric programs to support thousands of people every year.
The Allied Health portfolio in breakthru is in a period of growth and development, and it is an exciting time to be part of a for purpose organisation that believes in providing high quality customer service, to customers with a disability.
About the opportunity
In this position, you will provide a high level of clinical leadership across the organisation to support staff and clinicians in the area of behaviour support therapy and a PBS framework. This position will lead our internal learning and development framework for all staff and provide clinical supervision of all behaviour support therapists within breakthru. Working with the Allied Health Manager, you will ensure clinical excellence and quality for breakthru in the area of behaviour support practice.
You will be a passionate and energetic professional with the ability to lead and mentor a small team, while engaging with our customers. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to collaborate with a range of stakeholders internally and externally. In this position you will lead the behaviour support service to ensure all breakthru customers with complex behaviour support requirements are provided the support & skills they need manage their behaviours and achieve their goals.
We are looking for an experienced professional who has the below experience:
- Lead, mentor and develop a small multidisciplinary team of Allied Health professionals
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver tailored services that are individualised, person centered & strength based for all customers
- Lead a customer centric model to develop, implement and review Behaviour Support, plans and behaviour management strategies
- Conduct relevant therapeutic, functional assessment and data gathering with customers
- Develop behaviour support plans
- Lead, coordinate and manage sensitive enquiries and specialist services
- Demonstrated strong customer service ethos and commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Record accurate and timely notes & billing relating to activities
- Contribute to the vision and strategic planning at breakthru
- Tertiary Allied Health Qualification - Social Work, OT, Psychology, Speech Therapy
- Current peak body registration- AHPRA, AASW etc
- Additional training in behaviour support therapy – preferably at a post graduate level
- Experience in developing training and support packages
- Problem solving & negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the clinical framework of applied behaviour analysis
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Working with children's / criminal history checks
- Current drivers license
What's on offer
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
- Genuine career opportunities
- Above award salary & entitlements
- Flexible work options
- Great team environment
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop and support a growing service model in a flexible work environment. We are building a professional career pathway and developmental pathways for all our staff based on their needs.
Our recruitment process
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on our customers with a disability or mental health condition. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now.
Please note: A current criminal record check and working with children check will be essential to commence in this role.
For more information about breakthru, check out our websitewww.breakthru.org.au