- Full Time Opportunity
- additional 5 days leave!
- Flexibility and work/life balance
- Enhance our customers quality of life
- Based at our Port Macquarie
- Strong SLES focus
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. Through the provision of high quality person-centered supports, we enable thousands of people every year to access the supports required for mental health, employment, disability & training needs. Working with us, you will be supporting our customers to achieve their goals and aspirations.
About the role
This is a role in our School Leaver Employment Support (SLES) program.
This program is an early intervention approach for Year 12 school leavers, designed to support their transition from school to employment.Each customer will have an individually tailored SLES program, that consists of 1:1 support and group support.
The role focuses on supporting customers to build employment readiness including customer service, time management, money handling, independent travel, effective communication, and learning how to take instruction at work.
You will deliver our SLES program to help our customers - young people with a disability - to prepare, look for, gain, and maintain employment. You will provide meaningful, individualised capacity building activities so that our customers can achieve their own employment goals.
You will use your initiative, identify focus learning areas, and use creative thinking to implement various strategies and skills to overcome these barriers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participate in developing and implementing individual and group-based capacity building, job readiness and work experience support
- Provide on-site support during work experience(s) to increase total understanding of workplace expectations and behaviours
- Support customers with personal growth and development
- Provide support and mentoring to customers that encourage a level of competence and independence with their employment and training goals
- Optimise appropriate work experience opportunities for participants
- Maintain necessary documentation of service provision and reporting
- Liaise and network with internal and external stakeholders
You are a passionate and dedicated individual who is looking to make a difference in the community. As a fun and creative person, you pride yourself on exceptional customer service whilst ensuring customers achieve their goals and aspirations.
You will also be able to clearly articulate and demonstrate:
- Ability to build rapport with a diverse range of customers
- Experience working with young customers with complex support needs
- Driven, energetic & committed
- Fun and creative outlook
- Strong communication skills
- SLES or group program experience (advantageous)
- Flexible and reliable (essential)
- Current driver's licence (essential)
- Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check (or willingness to obtain)
- NDIS Worker Screen (or willing to obtain)
- COVID-19 Vaccination certificate (Required doses in accordance with Government Health Advice) or medical exemption
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
- Career progression
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on our customers with a disability. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now using the button below.
For more information about breakthru, go to www.breakthru.org.au.
Please note: the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a current criminal record check (within 3mths), working with children check, NDIS Worker Screen, employment history & referee checks.
We champion diversity & encourage people from an Aboriginal, Torres Strait or South Sea Islander background or other culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds or people with a disability to talk to us about opportunities within breakthru.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination digital certificate or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process*