- Part time opportunity with possibility for extension
- Join a values based organisation
- Above award salary & entitlements
- Great team culture & environment
- Deer Park location
We are a dynamic, innovative not-for-profit organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. We specialise in the provision of high-quality person-centric programs to support thousands of people every year to address mental health, employment, disability, homelessness and training needs. Working with us, you will be supporting our customers to achieve their goals and help to change their lives!
We are a 10 bed short term (1-4 weeks) residential based mental health program providing 24 hour a day supervised care supported by clinical supports & treatments. Our programs are highly individualized with staff working closely with customers, family, carers & other service providers to ensure the customer receives the treatment and support necessary to maximize recovery and navigate a transition back to the community.
You will be joining us to...
Enable customers to return to meaningful life through a staged approach to recovery. You will work collaboratively with a range of services to ensure a co-ordinated and integrated response to the customer’s recovery goals. Ensure that clients are at the centre of service delivery and receive a timely, coordinated response to their support needs.
- Provide flexible, intensive rehabilitative support to customers
- Work in individual and team situations
- Collaborate with customer treatment team & support systems
- Negotiate with customers to determine the appropriate level of support
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications & experience
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery & rehabilitation
- Ability to work with difficult to engage customers
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in residential service provision
- The ability to create & manage meaningful relationships with customers
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills
The program consists of a 24 hour roster with a morning, afternoon and night shift. Applicants for this role need to be available for all shifts Monday to Sunday.
What we offer…
- Part time, six month opportunity with the possibility of an extension
- Ability to work flexibly (day, evening, night shift and weekend work)
- Minimum of 30 hours per week
- On the job learning and development
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
If you are interested in joining the team at breakthru, APPLY now or for more information contact Melissa Minchev on 0451 632 731. Applications close 01 April 2019.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to provide a National Criminal Records Check and VIC Working with Children Check.
We champion diversity & encourage people from an Aboriginal, Torres Strait or South Sea Islander background or other culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds or people with a disability to talk to us about opportunities within breakthru.