breakthru is a for purpose enterprise which has worked with 1000’s of Australians over the past 20 years to access the services they need to live their best life. We recognise that everyone has a story and we are committed to improving the lives of people we support.
We specialise in disability services, mental health support, training & employment offering a variety of services that work in partnership with our customers. We believe that with personalised service, customer choice and collaboration, we can assist our customers to achieve their goals and aspirations.
Our mental health teams in North West Metropolitan Melbourne provide support for people with a mental health issue to live independently, maintain the best possible social and emotional wellbeing, meet their personal recovery goals and live satisfying lives in the community. We work to meet the individual's choice & needs in their own preferred community setting.
As a full-time Recovery Mentor, you will educate customers, colleagues & the broader community about mental health by sharing your own lived experience and your recovery journey.
- 1:1 support to outreach customers & secondary support to other customers as required
- Assist with group activities, ensuring learning outcomes are achieved
- Actively promote the participation & social inclusion of people with mental illness into the community
- Achieving weekly KPI’s
- Work within the principles of person centred practice
- Promoting self determination and supported decision making
Skills & Experience
- Experience in NDIS highly desirable
- Lived experience of mental health & recovery
- Willingness to share personal journey with others
- Understanding of principles of recovery, psychosocial rehabilitation & duty of care
- Ability to facilitate an excellent customer experience
- Cert IV in Mental Health or equivalent
- Driver’s Licence - essential
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now to start your journey with us. Attach your resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.
Please note: the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a criminal record check, working with children check, employment history & referee checks.