- Part time opportunity
- Salary Packaging (up to $15,900 of your salary – tax free!)
- Flexible work options
- Based in St Albans
- Covid safe plan
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. Through the provision of high quality person-centered supports, we enable thousands of people every year to access the supports required for mental health, employment, disability & training needs. Working with us, you will be supporting our customers to achieve their goals and aspirations with the aim of achieving sustainable employment.
About the role
As a Peer Support Worker, you will educate customers, colleagues and the broader community about mental health by sharing your own lived experience in your recovery journey and instilling hope. Being a customer-centric role, you will work with a wide range of customers across the North and Western suburbs of Melbourne.
Key responsibilities include:
- 1:1 support to outreach customers in the community or in homes
- Assist with group activities, ensuring learning outcomes are achieved
- Actively promote the participation & social inclusion of people with mental illness into the community
- Develop and nurture local community relationships and networks
- Achieving weekly KPI’s
- Work within the principles of person centred practice
- Promoting self-determination and supported decision making through choice and control
- Identify risks and raise with management
You are a passionate, dedicated and ‘hands-on’ individual who is looking to make a difference in the community. As a person, you will have exceptional interpersonal skills, be non-judgmental and pride yourself on exceptional customer service whilst having a willingness to listen and ensure customers achieve their goals and aspirations.
You will also be able to clearly articulate and demonstrate:
- Experience in NDIS highly desirable
- Lived experience of mental health & recovery
- Willingness to share personal journey with others
- Understanding of principles of recovery, psychosocial rehabilitation & duty of care
- Ability to facilitate an excellent customer experience
- Mental Health or Peer Support qualification or equivalent
- Driver’s Licence (essential or willing to obtain)
- Working with children & Police check (essential or willing to obtain)
- NDIS Worker Screen (essential or willing to obtain)
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive hourly rate
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on our customers with a disability. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now.
For more information about breakthru, go to www.breakthru.org.au.
Please note: A NDIS Worker Clearance, criminal record check and working with children check will be essential to commence in this role.