Through the provision of high quality person-centric programs, we enable thousands of people every year to address their mental health, employment, disability, homelessness and training needs. We work hard to develop & nurture each person's ability to have greater control over important life choices & to strengthen their hope and motivation for recovery.
Our Pathways Homeless Worker create pathways from homelessness to secure, long term housing and support for people who have been admitted to an Acute Mental Health Clinical Service.
Responsibilities & Key Tasks
- Provide housing advice/support to other direct service staff
- Advocate on behalf of clients in relation to their housing needs
- Engage with housing providers – both public and private to create linkages to housing
- Provide 1:1 support to designated clients in outreach programs
- Administration of funding body records
Skills & Experience
- Relevant health, mental health, social work or psychology qualification
- Direct experience working with people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team & individually
- Drivers Licence - essential
We will offer you:
- Competitive annual salary package
- A supportive team environment
- Opportunities for permanent employment within our expanding teams
- Encouragement & support of ongoing professional development
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Please note: the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a criminal record check, working with children check, employment history & referee checks.