- 12 month maternity leave contract – 3 days per week
- Flexible work arrangements
- 5 weeks leave (pro-rata)
- Competitive salary packaging & fringe benefit options
- Laptop & mobile phone package
- Supportive team and learning culture
- Mixed case load – OT and non -clinical
- Supervise and lead a small national OT team
- Support the allied health manager with growth
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. We specialise in the provision of high-quality person-centric programs to support thousands of people every year.
The Allied Health portfolio in breakthru is in a period of growth and development , and it is an exciting time to be part of a for purpose organisation that believes in providing high quality customer service, to customers with a disability.
About the opportunity
We are looking for an Senior Occupational Therapist’s to fill a maternity leave contract and work with our customers in Brisbane. The primary goal is to enable people to participate in the activities of everyday life, promoting health and wellbeing through occupation
You will work with individuals of all ages to promote and enable effective participation in the occupations of everyday life. Supporting our customer base, the role supports activities of daily living, household and community functioning, education, leisure and play, social participation and employment. Our Occupational Therapists work with people who experience difficulties in these areas for any reason, and are present in both physical disability and mental health services. Outcomes are achieved by working with NDIS participants and their communities to enhance their ability to engage in the activities by modifying the occupation or the environment to better support their engagement.
You will be a passionate and energetic professional with the ability to engage with our customers. You will be confident in your abilities to deliver supports to a complex customer base whilst focusing on achieving quality outcomes for our customers.
We encourage candidates to apply who can clearly demonstrate:
- Qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- Experience in community OT work and working with a mixed casebook
- Compassionate and caring attitude
- Outstanding communications skills
- Working with children's / criminal history checks
- Current drivers licence
What's on offer
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
- Genuine career opportunities
- Above award salary & entitlements
- Flexible work options
- Great team environment
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop and support a growing service model in a flexible work environment. We are building a professional career pathway and developmental pathways for all our staff based on their needs.
Our recruitment process
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on our customers with a disability or mental health condition. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now.
Please note: A current criminal record check and working with children check will be essential to commence in this role.
For more information about breakthru, check out our websitewww.breakthru.org.au