- Competitive salary packaging & fringe benefit options
- Laptop & mobile phone package
- 4 weeks annual leave + additional 5 individual leave days
- Supportive team and learning culture
- Opportunity for work/life balance
- Great team environment
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. We specialise in the provision of high-quality person-centric programs to support thousands of people every year.
We believe that people are better off in work. Employment provides individuals with social participation, economic empowerment & purpose. Working with us, you will be supporting our customers to achieve their goals and help to change their lives!
About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to provide leadership for a small finance team in our Corporate Services function. You will play a key role in managing budgeting, complex financial issues and undertaking strategic planning and analysis.
Role responsibilities include:
- Managing the accounts & finance end to end
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all revenue and expenditure
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
- Leading the strategic direction of budgets and profit & loss
- Analysing revenue and cost base to maximise performance
- Compliance with relevant standards, contractual agreements and statutory and legislative requirements
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual budget
- Coordinate the preparation of forecasts throughout the year as required
- Monitor and report on the financial performance of the business and make recommendations as required.
- Monitor and report on capital expenditure.
- Monitor and report on compliance with breakthru’s policies and procedures.
- Preparation of annual Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) return including including Reportable Fringe Benefits.
You will be an innate problem-solver, have strong analytical skills and be professional in your approach with the ability to engage with our senior stakeholders and Executives. Your outstanding communication skills will help you inspire and lead a small team to deliver high quality financial support.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Practising Accountant
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting or finance
- At least 5 years experience in a senior accounting role
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit sector or an appreciation & understanding of this sector
- Working with children's / criminal history checks
- Current drivers licence
What's on offer
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
- Genuine career opportunities
- Above award salary & entitlements
- Flexible work options
- Great team environment
Our recruitment process
Applications close 31 May. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now.
For more information about breakthru, check out our websitewww.breakthru.org.au