- Fixed Term / Casual Contract - with view to go permanent
- Flexibility – work/life balance
- Competitive hourly rate
- Reward & Recognition program
- Work across multiple sites - Campsie, Bankstown, Maroubra, Parramatta and Hornsby
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. We specialise in the provision of high-quality person-centric programs to support thousands of people every year.
We believe that people are better off in work. Employment provides individuals with social participation, economic empowerment & purpose. Working with us, you will be supporting our customers to achieve their goals and help to change their lives!
About the opportunity
As an Employment Specialist you will support the DES teams across Sydney to achieve sustainable outcomes for customers with support needs. We are looking for someone who can ensure adequate coverage across DES employment services and assist with maximising employment, education, training and social inclusion through the provision of individualised services and supports.
Provide support & development for customers seeking employment
- Reverse marketing to employers
- Support the delivery of job readiness training sessions
- Provide pre-employment & ongoing support
- Assist with placement of customers into sustainable employment
- Customer acquisition
- Provide ongoing support to our DES Sydney teams (Campsie, Bankstown, Maroubra, Parramatta and Hornsby)
You are passionate, driven to succeed and thrive on supporting customers to achieve their employment goals. As a people person, you will enjoy working in a fast paced, diverse and ever changing environment where no two days are the same..
Your focus will be on supporting teams to achieve meaningful and sustainable employment outcomes for our customers.
You will also be able to clearly articulate and demonstrate:
- Ability to work autonomously across multiple sites
- Drive to meet or exceed targets & KPI's
- Confident in marketing activities & negotiation
- A quick learner & able to use external system software
- Disability employment services experience
- Knowledgeable in the local labour market
- Ability to work in high pressure environment and be solutions focused
- Passionate, resilient & emotionally intelligent
- Able to advocate on behalf of our customers
- Disability experience (preferred)
- Driver's licence (essential)
What's on offer
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Salary Packaging (up to $15,900 of your salary – tax free!)
- Access to our Uber account and an Opal card
- A supportive leadership structure & team
- Learning and development opportunities
- Laptop & phone provided
As a casual you will be considered for any permanent positions that become available across our Sydney sites.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now.
For more information about breakthru visit our website www.breakthru.org.au
Please note: A criminal record check and working with children check will be essential to commence in this role.