- 4 weeks annual leave + 5 days individual leave days
- Flexible work options
- Full time opportunity available due to growth
- Competitive salary & packaging options
- Work autonomously and grow your portfolio
- Fortitude Valley Location
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. Through the provision of high quality person-centered supports, we enable thousands of people every year to access the supports required for mental health, employment, disability & training needs. Working with us, you will be supporting our customers to achieve their goals and aspirations.
About the opportunity
As an Employment Consultant working within Disability Employment Services, you will be responsible for supporting our customers into work. As a customer focused organisation our goal is to help our job seekers achieve their employment/educational goals. A typical day could include:
- Selling the benefits of employment
- Reverse marketing to employers
- Delivering job readiness training sessions
- Providing positive outlook and bringing a "can do" attitude
- Providing pre-employment & ongoing support
- Customer acquisition
- Placing customers in sustainable employment
You are passionate and driven to succeed and thrive on supporting customers to achieve their employment goals. As a people person, your focus is on performance and relationship development both internally and externally.
You will also be able to clearly articulate and demonstrate:
- Ability to work autonomously in a small team to grow your portfolio
- Drive to exceed targets & KPI's
- Confident in marketing activities & negotiation
- A quick learner & able to use external system software
- Employment services experience (preferred, not essential)
- Knowledgeable in the local labour market
- Ability to work in high pressure environment and be solutions focused
- Passionate, resilient & emotionally intelligent
- Able to advocate on behalf of our customers
- Work or lived disability experience (preferred)
- Driver's licence (essential)
- Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain
- Criminal Record Check (or willing to obtain)
- NDIS Clearance Check (or willing to obtain)
What's on offer
- Flexible work arrangements
- 4 weeks + additional week annual leave!!
- A supportive leadership structure & team
- Learning and development opportunities
- Laptop & phone provided
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on our customers with a disability.
Please note: the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a NDIS Worker Clearance Screen, current criminal record check – 3mths old, working with children check, employment history & referee checks.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide COVID-19 Vaccination certificate (Required doses in accordance with Government Health Advice) or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process*