- Competitive hourly rate
- Make a difference in your community
- Flexibility and work/life balance
- Salary packaging - up to $15,900 non-taxed!
- Located in Townsville
- Casual Opportunity 10-25 hours per week
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. Through the provision of high quality person-centered supports, we enable thousands of people every year to access the supports required for mental health, employment, disability & training needs. Working with us, you will be supporting our customers to achieve their goals and aspirations.
About the role
Our amazing team in Townsville are looking for passionate and driven Disability Support Workers to join our growing team. You will provide support for people with a disability to live independently and maintain their best possible social wellbeing. You will support our customers to achieve their personal goals and to live satisfying lives in our community. Being a customer-centric role, you will work with a wide range of customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting our customers to achieve their goals
- Facilitating individual and group activities
- Transporting customers to and from services and activities
- Maintain and establish links to community
- Promoting independent decision making
- Work within the principles of person-centred practice
- Possible weekend and sleepover shifts
You are a passionate and dedicated individual who is looking to make a difference in the community. As a people person, you pride yourself on exceptional customer service whilst ensuring customers achieve their goals and aspirations.
You will also be able to clearly articulate and demonstrate:
- Mental Health and/or NDIS experience (essential)
- SLES or group program experience (advantageous)
- Ability to work in a team & individually
- Ability to build rapport with a diverse range of customers
- Experience working with young customers with complex support needs
- Driven, energetic & committed
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible and reliable (essential)
- Current driver's licence (essential)
- Blue Card and Criminal Record Check (or willing to obtain)
- NDIS Worker Screen (or ability to obtain one is essential!)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate or provide medical exemption certificate
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Extra 5 days annual leave
- Salary Packaging
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
- Career progression
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on our customers with a disability. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now using the button below.
For more information about breakthru, go to www.breakthru.org.au.
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a NDIS Worker Clearance Screen, current criminal record check (no older than 3 months), working with children check, employment history and referee checks.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination immunisation record or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process*