- Competitive hourly rate
- Part time – 3 days per week
- Enhance our customers quality of life
- Flexibility and work/life balance
- Based at our new Broadmeadows site
- Strong SLES focus
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. Through the provision of high quality person-centered supports, we enable thousands of people every year to access the supports required for mental health, employment, disability & training needs. Working with us, you will be supporting our customers to achieve their goals and aspirations.
About the role
As a Disability Support Worker, you will provide support for people with a disability to live independently and maintain their best possible social wellbeing. You will support our customers to achieve their employment and personal goal to live satisfying lives in our community. Being a customer-centric role, you will work with a wide range of customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting our customers to achieve their employment goals
- Coordinating rosters
- Facilitating individual & group activities
- Transporting customers to & from services & activities
- Maintain & establish links to community
- Promoting independent decision making
- Work within the principles of person-centred practice
You are a passionate and dedicated individual who is looking to make a difference in the community. As a fun and creative person, you pride yourself on exceptional customer service whilst ensuring customers achieve their goals and aspirations.
You will also be able to clearly articulate and demonstrate:
- Ability to work in a team & individually
- Ability to build rapport with a diverse range of customers
- Experience working with young customers with complex support needs
- Driven, energetic & committed
- Fun and creative outlook
- Strong communication skills
- SLES or group program experience (advantageous)
- Flexible and reliable (essential)
- Current driver's licence (essential)
- Blue Card and Yellow Card (or willing to obtain)
- NDIS Worker Screen (or willing to obtain)
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
- Career progression
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on our customers with a disability. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now using the button below.
For more information about breakthru, go to www.breakthru.org.au.
Please note: the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a current criminal record check (within 3mths), working with children check, NDIS Worker Screen, employment history & referee checks.