- Competitive hourly rate
- Casual opportunity - 10 hours a week approx
- Flexibility and work/life balance
- Salary packaging - up to $15,900 non-taxed!
- Located in Port Macquarie
- Discounted gym memberships through Fitness Passport
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. Through the provision of high quality person-centered supports, we enable thousands of people every year to access the supports required for mental health, employment, disability & training needs. Working with us, you will be supporting our customers to achieve their goals and aspirations.
About the role
Expressions of interest for Disability Support Workers to join our growing team. You will provide support for people with a disability to live independently and maintain their best possible social wellbeing. You will support our customers to achieve their personal goals and to live satisfying lives in our community. Being a customer-centric role, you will work with a wide range of customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting our customers to achieve their goals
- Facilitating individual & group activities
- Transporting customers to & from services & activities
- Maintain & establish links to community
- Promoting independent decision making
- Work within the principles of person-centred practice
- Weekend and sleepover shifts
You are a passionate and dedicated individual who is looking to make a difference in the community. As a people person, you pride yourself on exceptional customer service whilst ensuring customers achieve their goals and aspirations.
You will also be able to clearly articulate and demonstrate:
- Mental Health and/or NDIS experience (essential)
- SLES or group program experience (advantageous)
- Ability to work in a team & individually
- Ability to build rapport with a diverse range of customers
- Experience working with young customers with complex support needs
- Driven, energetic & committed
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible and reliable (essential)
- Current driver's licence (essential)
- Working with children check (or willing to obtain)
- NDIS Worker Screen (or ability to obtain one is essential)
- COVID-19 Vaccination evidence in accordance to government guidelines or ability to provide a medical exemption certificate
What we offer...
- Salary packaging: Up to $15,900 tax free!
- Benefits: Fitness Passport & HCF Private Health Insurance discounts
- 5 extra leave days: Access to an additional 5 individual leave days
- Career growth: Genuine career opportunities
- Work life balance: Flexible work arrangements
- Salary: Competitive remuneration
- Leadership: Supportive and experienced leadership team
- Culture: Friendly and close-knit team environment
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY NOW via seek https://www.seek.com.au/job/63062096
For more information on breakthru, visit our website www.breakthru.org.au
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a NDIS Worker Screen Clearance, current criminal record check (no older than 3 months), working with children check, employment history and referee checks.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination immunisation record or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process* We do not provide sponsorship and no agencies please.
We champion diversity & encourage people from an Aboriginal, Torres Strait or South Sea Islander background or other culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds or people with a disability to talk to us about opportunities within breakthru.