- Casual position
- Salary packaging - $15,900 of your pay non-taxed!
- Enhance the quality of life and employment goals of our customers
- Great team and flexibility
- Port Macquarie location
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. Through the provision of high quality person-centered supports, we enable thousands of people every year to access the supports required for mental health, employment, disability & training needs. Working with us, you will be supporting our customers to achieve their goals and aspirations.
About the role
As a Casual Disability Support Worker, you will provide support for people with a disability to live independently and maintain their best possible social wellbeing. You will support our customers to achieve their personal goals and to live satisfying lives in our community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting our customers to achieve their goals
- Facilitating individual & group activities
- Skill building towards employment
- Transporting customers to & from services & activities
- Maintain & establish links to community
- Promoting independent decision making
- Work within the principles of person-centred practice
- Support customers in community volunteering
You are a passionate and dedicated individual who is looking to make a difference in the community. As a people person, you pride yourself on exceptional customer service whilst ensuring customers achieve their goals and aspirations. You will also be able to clearly articulate and demonstrate:
- Ability to work in a team & individually
- Ability to build rapport with a diverse range of customers
- Experience working with young customers with complex support needs
- Driven, energetic and committed
- Excellent communication skills (essential)
- Flexible and reliable (essential)
- Current driver's licence and own veichle (essential)
- Working with children check (or willing to obtain)
- Criminal record check (or willing to obtain)
- NDIS Clearance Screen (or willing to obtain)
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive and experienced leadership team
- Career progression
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on our customers with a disability. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now using the button below. Both male and females encouraged to apply.
For more information about breakthru, go to www.breakthru.org.au.
Please note: the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a current criminal record check, working with children check and NDIS Worker Clearance prior to commencing with breakthru.