- Flexible working arrangements!
- Genuine career opportunities
- Experienced leadership team & support
- Attractive salary & entitlements
breakthru is a national not-for-profit organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. Through the provision of high-quality person-centered programs, we enable thousands of people every year to address mental health, employment, disability, homelessness & training needs. Working with us, you will be supporting our customers to achieve their goals and help to change their lives!
About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Behaviour Support Therapist to support our customer base within the Mid-North Coast region.
You will provide behaviour supports through individualised strategies for people with disability that are responsive to the person's needs, in a way that reduces the occurrence and impact of behaviours of concern, and minimises the use of restrictive practices.
The new arrangements for behaviour support under the NDIS Commission focus on person-centred interventions to address the underlying causes of behaviours of concern, or challenging behaviours, while safeguarding the dignity and quality of life of people with disability who require specialist behaviour support.
These arrangements will include undertaking a functional behavioural assessment, then developing an NDIS behaviour support plan containing evidence-based, proactive strategies that meet the needs of the participant
You will be a passionate and energetic professional with the ability to engage with our customers. You will be confident in your abilities to deliver supports to a complex customer base whilst focusing on achieving quality outcomes for our customers.
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualifications in Social Work / Psychology or similar Allied Health Field
- Professional registration with the relevant allied health professional body
- Demonstrated Experience in the development of behaviour Support Plans and functional behavioural assessment
- Knowledge of restrictive practice guidelines
- Working with childrens / criminal history checks
- Current drivers licence
What we offer
- Competitive salary packaging & fringe benefit options
- Company car or car allowance
- Laptop & mobile phone package
- Supportive team and learning culture
- Opportunity for work/life balance
We are open to applications from experienced professionals who are willing to travel within the Central Coast, Newcastle/Hunter and Mid-North Coast regions to support our customer base.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY NOW.
Please note: the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a criminal record check, working with children check, employment history & referee checks.
We champion diversity & encourage people from an Aboriginal, Torres Strait or South Sea Islander background or other culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds or people with a disability to talk to us about opportunities within breakthru.