- Attractive hourly rate plus Salary packaging up to $15,900 tax free
- Additional packaging benefits (meals & entertainment)
- Work in a brand-new café and help build something from the ground up
- Values based organization
- Casual Opportunity
We are thrilled to have just opened our new accessible café. Our cafe is a cafe with heart as we help train, support, and empower people within our local community including individuals with a disability. Our offerings include great coffee and a simple, no fuss but full flavor food menu.
We are looking for a Cafe All-rounder who is ready to start their next adventure. This role will be more than just making coffee, it will be making a difference too! You will be helping service top notch coffees to the community, while working alongside a diverse and friendly team.
A typical day can include
- A keen interest in coffee
- Providing fantastic customer service, making everyone in the area feel welcome
- Serve beverages and prepared food, like cookies, pastries and muffins
- Keeping all areas of the café clean and tidy
- Opening and closing the café
- Counting the tills
- Keeping the work areas stocked and ready to go
- Building good relationships with customers
To really thrive in this role you will have:
- A passion for supporting others and to make a difference in your community
- WHS knowledge and know how to keep the café clean and hygienic
- An attitude where you want to jump in and help out wherever you can
- A personality that thrives working in a diverse workplace
- An ethical and honest attitude
As this role will be supporting the community, we will need the successful candidate to obtain or show:
- NDIS Workers Screening Clearance
- Working with children check
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccinations, in line with government regulations
- National Police check from the last 3 months
- SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety certificate
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (desirable)
The good stuff, what we can offer you:
- Increase your take home pay with Salary Packaging
- Feel great about your work, you will really be making a difference in the community
- Work in a brand-new café and help build something from the ground up.
What are you waiting for? Appy now with a copy of your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself, your experience and what the ideal inclusive café looks like for you.
We champion diversity & encourage people from an Aboriginal, Torres Strait or South Sea Islander background or other culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds or people with a disability to talk to us about opportunities within breakthru.
**Please note, current Working with Children, Criminal Record and NDIS Worker Screen checks are required before commencing with breakthru**