- 4 weeks annual leave + 5 days individual leave days
- Opportunity for work/life balance
- Competitive salary packaging & fringe benefit options
- Laptop & mobile phone package
- Supportive team and learning culture
- Work close to home – Port Macquarie
- 4 days per week!
We are a dynamic, innovative organisation committed to empowering people to create their own futures. Through the provision of high quality person-centered supports, we enable thousands of people every year to access the supports required for mental health, employment, disability & training needs. Working with us, you will be supporting our customers to achieve their goals and aspirations with the aim of achieving sustainable employment.
About the role
As a Senior Support Worker, you will support our customers to achieve their personal goals and to live satisfying lives in our community. Our approach is simple, we focus on the customers choice of supports to achieve their individual goals and ensure they are delivered where the customer prefers.
Key responsibilities include
- Supporting our customers to achieve their goals
- Facilitating individual & group activities
- Supporting School leavers into employment
- Maintain & establish links to community
- Marketing to schools and employers
- Promoting independent decision making
- Administrative responsibilities to ensure adherence to contract
- Work within the principles of person-centred practice
You are a passionate and dedicated individual who is looking to make a difference in the community. As a people person, you pride yourself on exceptional customer service whilst ensuring customers achieve their goals and aspirations.
You will also be able to clearly articulate and demonstrate:
- Ability to work in a team & individually
- Ability to build rapport with a diverse range of customers
- Experience working with customers with complex support needs
- Driven, energetic & committed
- Strong communication skills
- Current driver's licence (essential)
- Relevant experience and/or qualifications
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive hourly rate
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on our customers with a disability. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now.
For more information about breakthru, go to www.breakthru.org.au.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to provide a current National Criminal Records Check and NSW Working with Children Check.